During San Diego Comic-Con, it was announced when the Marvel’s What If animated series is out. Please mark the date on your calendars; it’s August 11, 2021.
‘What If’: Plot Of The New Marvel Series
What would happen to the Marvel Universe if some critical moments in its history didn’t happen in the same way? Marvel’s What If, coming to Disney +, answers this question. Each episode of this show will focus on a different character from the MCU, revealing what would have happened if things were not the way we see them.
Created by AC Bradley, the anthology is based on the Marvel comic series of the same name. It is also the first animated series produced by Marvel Studios.
But What Exactly Is ‘What If’?
The anticipations on the plot reveal that the protagonist will be The Watcher, which also tells the series or an extraterrestrial who observes the events of the entire universe. Alongside this new character, there will be many old faces of characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, all voiced by the same actors in the films.
The Disney+ streaming platform also includes the debut of the following live-action series, in order of release: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye.
Cast, Actors & Characters:
Collider is the first site to report a massive announcement of the cast of voice actors taking part in Marvel’s What If. These are big names of actors belonging to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, even if one of them is a new entry.
The main character of the series is Uatu / the Watcher, voiced by Jeffrey Wright, an extraterrestrial being part of the Watcher race. He is above everything and every living being; he does not want to know others but only observes. According to AC Bradley, the screenwriter, his voice is powerful, and his presence is authoritative and charismatic.
But here are the names of which actors will return to What If to give voice to the characters already played in the MCU, although some of these will change the character played:
- Hayley Atwell is Peggy Carter but also Captain America;
- Chadwick Boseman is T’Challa / Black Panther but also Star-Lord;
- Josh Brolin is Thanos;
- Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange ;
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark;
- Michael Douglas is Hank Pym;
- Karen Gillan is Nebula
- Jeff Goldblum is the Grandmaster;
- Sean Gunn is Kraglin;
- Chris Hemsworth is Thor;
- Tom Hiddleston is Loki;
- Djimon Hounsou is Korath;
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury;
- Toby Jones is Arnim Zola;
- Michael B. Jordan is Erik Killmonger / Black Panther;
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan;
- Natalie Portman is Jane Foster;
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye;
- Michael Rooker is Yondu;
- Paul Rudd is Scott Lang / Ant-Man;
- Mark Ruffalo is Bruce Banner / Hulk;
- Sebastian Stan as James “Bucky” Barnes;
- Taika Waititi is Korg.
The following actors will not be present as voice actors: Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Tom Holland (Spider-Man), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Brie Larson (Captain Marvel), and Elizabeth Olsen ( Scarlet Witch).