Have you just switched from Windows PC to Mac?
Are you looking forward to enjoying seamless access to your favorite content on Mac using Internet Explorer?
If yes, the guide will help you in providing absolute information about how to use Internet Explorer for Mac.
The Mac operating system comes up with its proprietary browser known as Safari. Internet Explorer is usually absent on Mac and the interested users have to get the same externally, but how?
Internet Explorer was a part of Mac till the 90s. But as the operating system grows further with a different set of features, it introduced its default browser in the year 2003. Once it was done, Microsoft decided to discontinue the development of IE for Mac and that is the same reason it is now absent on Mac.
Ways to use Internet Explorer on Mac
Before proceeding further, one thing we would like to make clear here is that the active launching of Internet Explorer on Mac is not possible at all. But still, if you want to enjoy that seamless experience of Internet Explorer on Mac, you can easily do it by using some different solutions. You can simply opt for some third-party browser here or can mask up the Safari web browser on different versions of Internet Explorer. You can even install a virtual machine for launching IE for Mac.
Solution 1: Simulating Internet Explorer on Mac with Safari
For enjoying the endless experience of Internet Explorer on Mac, you can easily simulate Internet Explorer on it. The majority of the time people opt for this solution to enable the testing process successfully. It helps the testers to check how different websites and web apps are performing perfectly or for accessing the websites where you need to use Internet Explorer.
For enabling successful access over Internet Explorer with Safari, the only thing you have to do is to turn on the developer tools. If you don’t know how to do it, just check out the detailed process given below:
- Launch your Safari web browser.
- Go to the Preferences section and then move to the Advanced options.
- Now check the “Show Develop menu in the menu bar”.
- Once you do it, you will get easy access to the developer tools directly from the Safari web browser. You can now easily test the different websites, empty catches, and much more.
- For operating the Internet Explorer on Mac, the things you have to do are:
- Go to the menu bar of your Safari browser and then move ahead with the Develop menu section.
- Now navigate to the User-Agent option and then select the browser you are searching for here.
- Once you do it, the website you are willing to use will get automatically refreshed and will reflect on the browser of your choice.
- Get back to the main screen and start enjoying Internet Explorer effortlessly.
Solution 2: Launching Internet Explorer on a virtual machine
Internet Explorer can be easily launched on a virtual machine on Mac. It is the best solution that makes it easier for you to get access over the same anywhere anytime you want. The only thing you have to do here is to install a full-scale copy of Windows on your Mac and once you will do it, you can easily launch the IE as an app inside your Mac operating system.
- For setting up a virtual machine, you first need to buy a copy of the same and a license for Windows. You can easily do it by:
- Download a reliable virtual machine software on your macOS along with the Windows ISO file.
- You now have to launch the virtual machine software on your device.
- Now go to the Installation Method windows option and then select “Create a new custom virtual machine” over here.
- You now have to drag and drop your Windows ISO file onto the dialogue windows.
- Once done with the above process, now tap on the Finish option.
- The next thing you have to do is to tap on the Finish button.
- Now relaunch the virtual machine successfully and then tap on the play button for setting up Windows successfully.
So, guys! Pick up any one of the reliable solutions for using Internet Explorer for Mac given above and start enjoying the wonderful option effortlessly. Internet Explorer is one of the widely used web browsers being used by billions of people globally. The platform not only serves an extreme level of reliability to the users but also serves as a great help for testing different applications successfully.